Please note that this sale is in no way related to Fosseway Performance and we will not benefit financially from the sale. We are unable to help with any details of the car and ask that you contact the vendor directly.
Simon B, a very good customer over the years, has decided that he and his beautiful E-Type Series 1 2+2 have to part company.
The following details have been provided by Simon and if you would like to view the car or discuss it in more detail please contact Simon – his details are at the end of the text.
1966 E-Type Series 1 for sale (2+2 / Primrose)
The Series 1 2+2 is a rare car and combines the traditional look of the closed in headlight cars with the space of the long wheel base cars.
This example is a highly reliable and usable E-Type Series 1 2+2 which has been carefully maintained and which benefits from a number of upgrades. Being a 2+2 it offers improved space and a comfortable ride.
- Complete Respray 2015
- Installation of Dynamat to complete interior
- New Webasto Sunroof in Ash sub frame
- Engine out bottom end overhaul
- XJ6 gearbox with overdrive fitted together with new clutch and slave.
- Rimmer Brothers spin off oil filter conversion
- Dayton 16 x 6″ wire wheels with stainless spokes and rims with 205 / 65 16 tyres
- Le Man flat bottomed steering wheel for improved access
- Rebuilt rear brakes and overhaul to axle
- Aluminium radiator
- New brake servo, master cylinder and pipes
Rob Beere Racing Improvements
- Uprated engine mountings
- Ignition lead set with separator
- Silicone hoses
- Carburetor overhaul and balance
- Installation and tuning of 123 Distributor
Fosseway Performance Upgrades
- High output alternator
- High torque starter
- Uprated vented front brake kit (silver calipers)
- Servo heat shield
- Easy Bleed remote brake bleed kit
- High output cooling fan
E-Type Series 1 for sale
As you would expect from the extensive list of upgrades above this is a very reliable car built for modern driving conditions without loosing that special e-type aura.
The car has been set up for everyday use as well as continental touring at which it excels, largely due to an overdrive. The lower gearing combined with the extra 8 inches in length of a 2+2 makes ride a far nicer experience than in a standard E-type coupe and of course access is a lot easier!
This is not a concourse car but is still stunning and very comfortable to drive. It has been priced sensibly so serious enquiries only please.
Please contact Simon B. – +44 (0)7881 370112